Have you found it hard or difficult to get a good night’s rest? Do you feel like you are constantly waking up at night? You may be suffering from sleep apnea, which is a sleep disorder characterized by the blockage of air to the chest for breathing while you sleep.
This summer, protect yourself with these sleep apnea tips.
– If left untreated, sleep apnea can lead to high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, and even death.
– Genetics play a massive role in many disorders, including sleep apnea.
– Abnormal ailments that can increase your risk for sleep apnea include an enlarged tongue or tonsils, a deviated septum, nasal blockages, a small jaw, and throat obstructions.
– Traditional allergies and sinus problems can also enhance your likelihood of sleep apnea.
– Males over the age of 40 are at a heightened risk of sleep apnea.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile with better oral health care habits, set an appointment with Smile Dental Studio at our dentist office in Salt Lake City, Utah. We can easily be reached at 801-583-4500. Dr. Denny Cho and the rest of our team look forward to taking your smile into the future with effective sleep apnea treatments.